Pasta Paella Recipe
I don't know if the name of this dish is inspirational or just cheesy and a sacrilege to the authentic Paella!!!
Either way it tasted beautiful and I recommend to all!! I was inspired after watching Tom Kerridge's new healthy food programme in the UK. I've made a few amends and twists but the basic recipe has come from him so I cannot take full credit. What I love is that is that this dish is all done in one pan and the flavours are phenomenal with the capers olives and chorizo.
This cooked a big meal for two or could cater for four if served with salad and garlic bread
1 Brown onion
1 fennel bulb
2 Garlic cloves
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp dry chilli flakes
A pinch of saffron
1 x tin tomatoes
1 x zucchini
1 x carrot
Handful pitted kalamata olives
1 1/2 tbsp capers
100g orzo pasta
500ml fish stock
1 chorizo sausage
salt and pepper
- Make sure you dice all of the vegetables nice and small and slice chorizo in to 2cm cubes.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add the chorizo and onion and fry till the onion is soft and chorizo browned for about 2 mins.
- Add all other veg and stir for 2mins.
- Add Garlic, fennel, saffron, chilli and stir for 1 min.
- Add fish stock and tin of tomatoes and stir.
- Add pasta and then simmer until pasta cooked (times vary but mine was about 15 minutes). The sauce will start to slowly thicken and reduce.
- My prawns were bought cooked so I just stared them through at the end for a minute or two to heat through.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.