Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
Ingredients - for 2/3
1/2 Cauliflower head grated
1 X Red Capsicum diced
15 x Mushrooms sliced (I did a mix of button and brown)
1 x Red Onion sliced
1 x Garlic clove crushed
1 x Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Small bunch Parsley chopped
1 x small bunch asaparagus
1 x small pack of mange tout
6 x cornichons (gherkins) chopped. Quantity to your taste
Optional - Cream or Creme Fraiche (about 150 ml) and 25g butter
Make sure all ingredients are assembled and chopped.
1. In the deep fry pan add a tablespoon of oil and gently fry the mushrooms adding some black pepper, once soft add in the red onion.
2. Once the red onion is soft add in the paprika, dijon mustard, gherkins and garlic.
3. After 1 minute add in the splash of water and optional Creme or Creme Fraiche. Gently simmer.
4. In the other fry pan add a tablespoon of oil and gently fry the cauliflower and red pepper. Add some black pepper and the optional 25g butter. This only needs a few minutes.
5. In a small saucepan boil the veg for 2/3 minutes or steam if you have a steamer.
6. Once ready serve the mushroom stroganoff over the cauliflower rice with the veg on the side and the freshly chopped parsley not the top.